Sunday 30 January 2011

Sunday Funday

Ordinarily the very thought of paying £19.50 for 1 adult and 2 children to go to the cinema throws me into a grumpy gloominess. It's not just the admission price but why does popcorn cost £5? Why aren't adults free when accompanying small children? Why do the toilets smell like the rhino enclosure at the zoo? And I could go on and on spiralling into despair at the injustice of it all.

Today was no ordinary day though. Today the inflated cost of entry to the cinema was of no concern. I was happy at the idea of watching Tangled with my two daughters. Positively excited even. For this morning I checked my lottery ticket. And found to my astonishment 4 matching numbers! Only £60 but I was high on euphoria for a while. Long enough to promise my kids a trip to the cinema anyway!

7 comments:

Maggie May said...

Congratulations!
Its about time you had something good happen!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Eddie Bluelights said...

Not good enough!!!
It should have been 6 numbers!! LOL
Congratulations.

Irene said...

Congratulations, and you spent it wisely.

Jackie said...

I couldn't agree with you more, Sam. The price of a movie is ridiulous in itself...and then to pay such high prices for popcorn and any other refreshments served sends my head reeling.
My hubby and I went to see Tangled, and it is one of the few movies I would go back and see again. It was delightfully wonderful.....I enjoyed it very much.
Congratulations on the lottery winning!!!
Smiles,
Jackie

Suldog said...

Thanks much for the link love! It has been reciprocated at my place.

sally in norfolk said...

going to the cinema is such a luxury these days :-( good to have a bit of luxury from your winnings :-)

Clare Dunn said...

How nice!!!

xoxoxo, cd